THE PROJECT aims to build a platform for origination, enrichment, publication and interaction with music, in particular music notation. It’s backed by significant investment from within and beyond the music publishing world. We already have access to some significant technology and algorithmic assets, and several 3rd-party groups are involved in parts of the platform.
THE ROLE is a full-time position, based in London, UK. Applications are welcome for contract or employee arrangements.
YOU WILL DEFINITELY
- have significant experience in both client-side and server-side development
- be passionate about the craft of software, and discipline in software development, and be committed to the key agile technical practices of test-driven development, refactoring and continuous integration
- be able to lead, organise and inspire the work of less experienced (though no less energised) developers
- be familiar with standard algorithms, data structures and patterns (although you may not have developed this knowledge through a formal computer science training)
- be able to devise, describe, implement and test novel solutions to the myriad complexities of music notation and notation layout
YOU WILL LIKELY
- have experience in music and music notation (although a demonstrable obsession and eye for detail in other areas of graphics and design will make up for a lack in this area)
- have significant experience in other programming languages
- be familiar with technologies and tools around XML manipulation
- have experience in graphics, rendering and layout algorithms
- have experience in developing and deploying applications to mobile platforms
- have experience in developing with media standards and APIs
We want to change the world for people who interact with music every day - professional musicians of all kinds, amateur musicians at all levels, music lovers, teachers, students. If you want to play a leading role in making this real, please mail david <at> teamsandtechnology.com with a CV and contact details. If you can point to your projects or contributions on GitHub, that will be considered a plus.
(Individual contacts only — if you are an agency, please don’t be offended if we ignore your approach)